Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How can I help you

(I work at the customer service desk at a grocery store . One day I had a guy come up and cash a winning lottery ticket for a dollar , and this is what then took place )

Me: There you go. Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: Yeah, uhh I've got some dishes to be done, some windows to be washed, and a lawn to be mowed.

Me: *thinking he's joking* ha, yeah

Customer: *blank stare* are you gonna help me?

Me: still thinking he's joking* Ha, well, until **** opens up an At-Home division, I guess I can't help you out.

Customer: So you're not gonna help me?

Me: *realizing he's serious* no, sir. I can't just leave and go home with you to do chores.

Customer: You shouldn't be offering to do something if you don't plan on going through with it.

Me: I'm sorry, sir, but- ..

Customer: *interrupting* Next time, don't offer if you're not gonna do it! *storms off*

moral of the story is . Wow . how serious can a person be .

No comments:

Post a Comment